THE BUFFER FILE

Buffer FileAh- the buffer file!

What about you? Do you keep a buffer file for your creative projects?

This entry was posted in Comic, Webcomic and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to THE BUFFER FILE

I love how you get a comic out of what seems like nothing (the “nothing” being that you thought you didn’t have anything in your buffer file). Here’s to the mental buffer file!

PS-I keep a short list of ideas and have my sketches which I go back through periodically. I am coming to rely on those sketches more and more.

The bigger ‘file’ is the ‘started but not finished’ file… it can take me months to finish a painting as I agonize over ever step in the process from drawing to signature. That’s part of why I force myself to do a little something in my sketchbook every day πŸ™‚

3. I don’t draw but yes, I have a ‘buffer’ file with half-finished, half-realized work. Sigh. You’ve done well while having anything buffer in YOUR file. ❀ ❀ ❀

4. I love the colours you’re using πŸ™‚ no need for a ‘buffer’ file here in photography land, just an external hard drive with 1000’s of shots!

5. Casually Employed says:

I like having a buffer but when I do I become distracted by my other hobbies (Video Games) and let that buffer go. When I don’t have a buffer I’m more motivated to finish a comic. Lucky for me, writing is also a hobby so all my stories are written and finished in advance before I begin to draw them. This takes the pressure off me for having to come up with a gag. I just open my Word Document and read what today’s gag will be and start drawing. πŸ˜€

No buffer file for me. In fact, I better get crackin’ on a post. I don’t have anything for Monday yet. Yikes.

7. tame4455 says:

The new look, looks good. Look for me to keep looking. (I had zilch as well)

8. karengadient says:

I *try* to have at least one thing ready to post, even if I don’t schedule a specific day to post it. I used to better at that than I am these days, though!

I reckon I don’t have a buffer. I wish I could post at least 4 times a week but…

10. …I too keep a file of things I should be buffing instead of drawing cartoons…I find it reassuring that I’m able to ignore the things that need polishing in my life whilst meeting mad self imposed deadlines…

: 0

Since most of the cartoons I post are quite a few years old, I have a buffer of 100+ I don’t think I could function having no buffer at all..

12. Jean Spitzer says:

Yes, but usually stuff is in the buffer file forever, until reimagined.

13. Mary Paquet says:

This one is fun and I hope you keep the pressure low. We are a patient lot and suffer from similar angst!

I always try to keep a buffer of comics. I’ve got 15 on standby at the moment

Yeah, I’ve read articles about queuing your posts and having a number of them prepared…and that’s as far as it went. I post quite rarely now, and I usually am too impatient to just get the stuff out there to have it linger in a “buffer.” So I can definitely relate!

16. Been doing the cartoons for 30 years so I have a lot of finished and a lot to redo. I can repost some from several years ago because my followers have now doubled and most of these folks have subscribed within last year and a half and have not seen the older posts. I have not come up with many new ideas last 3 months and want to keep the blog active. This does not mean I will post less than optimum quality stuff as filler.

17. Pirate Mike says:

Ha! I love this one! So true! And I’ll this: your use of the digital is great! I would not have guessed you did this one digitally if you hadn’t pointed it out. Looks great!