MY DIET COKE ADDICTION

imageI try not to make New Year’s resolutions but this year I thought I’d cut out Diet Cokes.

I didn’t make it.

Jeff tells the story from his perspective in this short video:

And that’s the story of my Diet Coke addiction.

This entry was posted in Comic, Humor Story, Relationship and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

73 Responses to MY DIET COKE ADDICTION

1. Hilarious! Keep drinking.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get sound when I tried to play Jeff’s clip, so I didn’t get the full effect. (I’m thinking it’s a problem at my end.) Love the strip though! Hee hee hee… πŸ˜›

3. OMG Pamo—I laughed so hard!! I’ve never seen anything so funny. I can’t stop laughing. My sides are hurting. Now….about quitting diet coke.. I suppose it is a reasonable idea–it’s bad for you blah blah (I drink it too, but I am more “normal” preferring coffee in the am)..but whatever you do, if you continue to drink it –please, by all that is holy….stop drinking it LIKE THAT. hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha (sorry. this is too funny.)

4. Shame.
    Run and hide. You’ve been exposed.

I do not eat at the burger joints but on rare occasion I do , I am astonished. The 400 pound people order two triple bacon cheese burgers, two over-sized fries, apple pie, sundae AND a diet Coke. Huh?

Please go on stage you two and tour the UK!

Wow! I wondered at first how he knew about the coke routine if he was sleeping-and then he revealed that he looked (like Lot’s wife I guess!) and that was the end!

That was too funny. Jeff has missed his calling as a stand up comic-or maybe his calling is to be your husband and he hasn’t missed! Not sure!:) quite a chuckle for me at 4 in the morning:)

7. Pam Huggins says:

Thanks Violet… maybe I’ll try again next year. πŸ˜‰

8. NotAPunkRocker says:

This is me. I get on an ice water kick for a while, do really well, then boom. The sweet call of artificial sugar with fizzy bubbles brings me back in to its grasp.

9. This has been the best and most crazy-hilarious 3.32 minutes of 2015 so far. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
    Happy New Year to both of you. Just keep on doing what you’re doing, Pam. Savor the moments.

10. Looks like you need to start drinking your cokes with a straw. Although you could tell Jeff you’re just getting your lips warmed up for a good morning kiss.This was so funny. Loved that the dogs were whining for a drink, and enjoyed hearing you laugh in the background. Goodness I hope my hubby doesn’t catch wind of this as he could make a zillion videos about me…the first would be about the ugly white robe I wear to the studio and won’t throw out. My weakness is organic iced tea…with lots of ice and a straw of course. Cheers for an adventurous and funny New Year. Darlene

Darlene- it sounds like you and I have a LOT in common! Haha!
      Organic iced tea sounds really GOOD…. I may just have to give it a go.
      Straw may just be my next move indeed. πŸ˜‰
      Happy New Year and looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful art in 2015!!!

You guys are the best! I’ve just woken Degas up from her post walk nap laughing at Jeff and then you laughing at Jeff in the vid. Brilliant!

12. markrenney1 says:

Hilarious

13. karengadient says:

That gave me such a laugh! Hey, we all have our morning rituals. πŸ™‚

Ha Ha!!! Jeff’s video was hilarious. I’m a diet Coke/Pepsi Max addict too but I couldn’t stomach it for breakfast. 10am is my earliest when I have lunch. Yep, lunch at 10am. I work 6am – 2pm & our Lunch break is half way through the shift at 10

Ha! I can relate to this one. Not the weird faces and lip smacks while drinking Diet Coke (at least I hope I don’t do that… πŸ˜‰ ), but the drinking the Diet Coke part itself. I know I need to cut them out, but I still like that carbonated kick from time to time.

That video is hilarious. I don’t blame you for laughing while filming it. No way to keep a straight face. I think your hubs is headed for Hollywood!

We need to get him out there soon!
      I take a LOT of videos of Jeff. Maybe one day he’ll get discovered on You Tube. For now… I’ll just share it here.
      Thanks so much Carrie! You were one of my top commenters this past year. I REALLY appreciate your friendship and ongoing interest in Pamo’s World. You make a difference one comment at a time.

That’s pretty damn funny! Nothing better than discovering some quirky side of yourself via an interpretive dance or act from your partner.

Also, you people rock. Couples that laugh together drink Diet Coke together…or something like that.

Interpretive dance is a tremendously revealing art form.
      Your last line… that’s what I say too! Great minds….
      Thanks Daniel. Happy New Year to you and your lovely bride!

17. not often I sit alone laughing out loud, only when Pamo’s world is on!! Jeff is such a star and just so funny.
    Diet coke huh? That stuff’ll kill ya ~ I’ll send some Yorkshire tea for you- much more glorious to have in the morning and very worth doing all that lip-smacking stuff for!
    πŸ™‚

You two should get your own reality series. Jeff is hilarious!

19. …still wiping the tears from my eyes…Jeff is a shoe-in for the roll of Pamo if they ever do the movie….(and the winner of the emmy for best sarcastic roll is….)….and the cartoon was top notch as always!…(of course)….

20. Joseph DR says:

Hahaha! Jeff is funny and so is your morning ritual, Pamo! I do suggest you kick the diet coke habit because aspartame is really bad stuff!

You laughing taking this video was delightful… and contributed to how funny it was… I’m from Atlanta and worked for Coca-Cola back in the 90s… great soda, I prefer Coke Zero these days.. no way I’d ever even try to quit.

22. danscanvas says:

Well. I’m left with the feeling that now there is nothing about Pamo that we don’t know. I love the comic – and the coloring is fabulous, Pamo! And Jeff, well Jeff, now I really understand – there is nothing more to say on the subject. I too drank diet coke every morning for years. Now I’ve managed to change to tea in the mornings, but I miss it – so I often drink the soda later. I guess you could say I’ve quit Diet Coke, because now I drink Coke Zero – lol.

23. Gruhn says:

Awesome……hilarious………I love how genuine you both are. Jeff could be the next youtube sensation.

24. Casually Employed says:

I have to admit, I truly love that stuff!

Did you see my updated reply to your question Pam??? http://atomicunderpants.com/comic/the-monolith/

Yes I did Tony! Thank you!
      I always appreciate your dedication to comments. And I really appreciate all your comments here. I may not respond always- but I always read them and enjoy them.
      So glad I met you in 2014 and look forward to another year of your quirky, funny, crazy comics!!!

Poor Jeff. As mortified as he was, it wasn’t a deal breaker. What’s with all the lip-smacking, Pamo? Think they may take out some fizz and make it taste like tea? I’m just glad he didn’t dip an Oreo in it.

27. Hehe! Well, I do like Diet Coke too…

28. Pingback: Mail Call | Bored in a record shop.

29. Aquileana says:

Bring on that Diet Coke!… I may accept Coke Zero too πŸ˜›
    All the best to you, Aquileana πŸ˜€

30. Pirate Mike says:

Your site is such a collage of media! Comics, video, text: it’s really cool how you use comics in that mix. Your strip is really unique in that respect. Have you looked at Hyperbole and a Half yet? I think you’d like the way comics are used there, too: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/.

Brad- I always appreciate your visits! Thank you.
      Yes- I do know Hyperbole and a Half- love her stuff. It’s a great link- so glad you shared it.
      Looking forward to your Wednesday critique. One of my weekly favorites.

31. remo1323 says:

That was really hilarious. I tried to imagine the look on your face, standing in the kitchen, and couldn’t stop laughing. Jeff has a great sense of humor.

32. Bill Murphy says:

Never give up on your Diet Coke Pam!