A POST FULL OF FUN

Pamo Suffer 1

Pamo Suffer 2

Pamo Suffer 3

Pamo Suffer 4

The above comic is one of the first comics I ever drew. While it would be tempting to tell you I drew it when I was child, the truth is, I drew it just five years ago. The naive outsider art quality, while pleasant, wasn’t intentional. It was just where I was at in my drawing ability.

Five years later, I believe my drawing ability has improved substantially but I’d be lying if I said I was satisfied.

Fortunately in creating comics, the effectiveness of the work doesn’t depend solely on the art. In fact, some comics creators adopt an naive, childlike style on purpose. Check out Georgia Dunn’s BREAKING CAT NEWS by clicking HERE. Her strip is hilarious and her drawing style perfectly matches the tone of her comic.

A few months ago, I met another budding comics creator, Japheth Golen, who has a series called The Dinner Diner. Japheth’s comic is inspired by his sixteen year career in the food industry. You can see his comics and other art ideas by clicking HERE.

I love Japheth’s simple line drawing style and that his comics are just so darned funny! He drew a comic this week that featured Jeff and Pamo of Pamo’s World. Jeff and I do restaurant visits during our motorcycle adventure rides and post them on our business blog- so this comic really hit home. He said I could re-post his comic on my blog. Here it is:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Since Japheth was kind enough to let me post his comic, I’m taking quadruple advantage and posting a series of his Dinner Diner comics. I think you’ll agree that these are real gems!

Thank you Japheth for allowing me to share your work and for including Pamo’s World in one of your comics! I really enjoy your work and look forward to seeing a long running Dinner Diner series.

Now wasn’t that just a whole post full of fun?! I think so too! I’ll have a brand new Pamo’s World comic up on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!

This entry was posted in Best of Pamo, Comic, Webcomic and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to A POST FULL OF FUN

1. dogsducksandaliens says:

That’s why I like coming to Pam’s site here…the approach and the art is so natural and free, it’s like having a home-cooked meal!

2. LOVE your ‘old style’ cartoon, not as sophisticated as the ‘new style’ but just as funny, ๐Ÿ˜€ keep suffering ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Lots of good stuff-it’s one of the reasons why I like to visit.

And I agree too. The tone of the comics counts a lot. The drawings are great of course but the feeling is always what kind of matters when reading.

Given I have a lot of travel this month, I loved the plane and train ones. I’ll try to keep that sense of humor when I’m squished in my next plane seat, sitting next to someone eating a smelly sandwich…

5. Gruhn says:

Ah yes…..the suffering artist world. A load of cash would sure make it better wouldn’t it?

6. Casually Employed says:

Hey Pam! Thanks for sharing these great comics with us! ๐Ÿ˜€

7. I haven’t heard ‘suffering enough’ for one’s craft in ages. This is hilarious to hear. As well, I love your earlier art. It’s the humor, I think, that does a lot of the heavy lifting. โค

8. Oh, sorry, meant to mention the comics you showcased. They’re too funny as well. The humor is excellent.

9. Sandhya says:

Love the ‘suffering for the art’! Fabulous art as usual!

10. …I’m jealous of youย colours in this one Pamo…they’re nuts!…had put my shades on for the last 2 frames!….

Your art has obviously improved a great deal. I really like the style you’re doing now as it seems to suit the tone and type of comics you’re doing.

Pamo you might not have noticedโ€ฆ but that old cartoon of yours, is very eye openingโ€ฆ your CATS have gotten FAT in the last 5 years, you might want to get them some of that low fat, senior cat food. Thanks for the Dinner Diner introโ€ฆ great stuff and very funny.

13. japhethwg says:

Thanks for Showcasing my work Pamo, I so very glad you enjoy it. And I have to agree that your artwork has certainly changed over the years, it’s fun to look back and see where we have been.

14. Perk says:

I like that style. It fits with the gag. That’s important — having the art match the writing. Keep up the good work! Now I’m off to visit Japheth’s “Dinner Diner.” I have a soft spot for restaurant-related comics. ๐Ÿ™‚

Your work has changed a lot. What made you start making comics in the first place. I don’t know if I ever got the scoop on that. I like the diner comic of you and Jeff. Funny! Also, I don’t know what you’re doing in the background but enough of all that. We want a fresh comic EVERY Monday and Thursday.

I’ve always loved comics and for some crazy reason thought I could make them. Not sure that was a sane decision- but I was leaving other artistic endeavors behind and wanted to pick up something new.
      A fresh comic every Monday and Friday?? Oh- I wish! But unfortunately, my real job keeps calling.
      Thanks Totsy!!

16. tame4455 says:

Thanks for sharing your early art, Pam It gives your readers more insight into your twisted, err, I mean, wonderful thought processes behind your work.

Also, I would like to commend you on your willingness to feature the work of other cartoonists within your blog. It is very generous on your part and very commendable.

Ha, those were a fun series, for sure! And will you laugh if I tell you that your very first comics are still a number of magnitudes above what I can manage to draw today? I’m pretty sure I can even mess up a stickman figure.

wow you have come a long way with your drawing in such a short time. You should be very pleased!!!

Our current work always looks better when we look at older stuff. I look at some of my early stuff & shudder, yet I thought it was good at the time. That’s the thing with cartoons, it isn’t dependent solely on artwork. There are some really funny comic sites around that only use stick figures. Always enjoy your stuff Pam & thanks for sharing Japeth’s comics too.

20. Pingback: My first (and only) webcomic | Nest Expressed

Your work makes me smile so much. Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

22. Joseph DR says:

Those are some funny strips! I’ll go check out Japheth’s Dinner Diner comics.