PIRATE MIKE SHIP RIDES

10-30-14 -Pirate MikeLast week, Brad Perri, creator of Pirate Mike, encouraged his readers to create Pirate Mike fan art. Brad has a controlled but loose style of drawing that I admire. I thought it would be fun to try my hand at drawing Pirate Mike. I thought right.

It was great fun drawing Pirate Mike and even more fun doing my own comic based on this Pirate Mike comic (reposted with permission by Brad):

Since Brad was kind enough to let me repost his work here on Pamo’s World, I thought I’d take double advantage and post two more of his strips:

Thanks Brad for being such a great sport and a wonderful creator of Pirate Mike!

This entry was posted in Comic, Webcomic and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to PIRATE MIKE SHIP RIDES

Those are very fun! It’s a goo deal to see them too-I probably would not have come across them in the normal course of my day Something different:)

2. Deb says:

Riding vs viewing…How about both. After all, look how cool Capt. Mike is!
    Thank for sharing, Pam!

3. dogsducksandaliens says:

I’m a fan of both Pam and Brad’s work, so it’s fun to see the two world’s come together!

You did Pirate Mike justice, Matey!

5. Casually Employed says:

Pam, this was a very creative way to cross your characters with Pirate Mike. I can see both the “Pamo” group out experiencing life as they always do, and Pirate Mike out just trying to be a pirate. Great Job! πŸ˜€

6. Oh, Pirate Mike. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ I have to pay to w.a.v.e.? 😎 Guess there just wasn’t enough room for anyone else in that dingy.
    I liked last threesome. Too funny.

7. Pirate Mike says:

Pam, this is AWESOME!! Can I use this for a Wishlist Wednesday over at my site? Let me know! I’d love to be able to!

Absolutely Brad! I’d be honored for you to use it. Thank YOU for being such a great sport and inspiration. It was a blast doing this comic and a great learning tool. I learned you are light years ahead of me…. AARRRGGGHHH! πŸ™‚

8. markrenney1 says:

Great strip and your incorporation of Pirate Mike into Pamo’s World is brilliantly done. Thanks for the introduction to Brad’s work which looks good and especially love the last one!

9. shiver me timbers, cool cross-over work, especially like Brad’s Dinghy of doom but don’t think you and the guys would stay dry for long. πŸ™‚

This be a rare swashbuckling treat. I sees Sons of Pamo is enjoying theirselves on the briney. I loves this strip and I loves Pirate Mike, sez she har har har.

11. markrenney1 says:

Fifteen men on a dead man’s chest me hearties

At least Pirate Mike’s ship has a cool flag! I hope the five of you don’t sink his boat.

13. Hey, hilarious Pirate Mike. Thanks for the introduction to his great comics. I’m following his Blog! Also impressed with your interpretation of Pirate Mike doing ship rides. Well done! Cheers-Darlene

Pirate Mike has a new fan… thanks for the intro Pamo…. love the bargain ride too πŸ™‚

15. perkperkatwork says:

Killer crossover! It’s like when Tootie from the Facts of Life showed up on Diff’rent Strokes.

16. Hi Pam! I do like your cartoon. I particularly like how you use his boat; funny! Thanks for sharing his toons too; excellent!

Thanks Peggy! I’ll admit the two boat idea was Jeff’s. I was just going to have Pirate Mike’s boat but Jeff said it would be funnier if I had a huge pirate ship too. He was right! πŸ™‚

The Dinghy of Doom looks much more fun than Pirate Bob’s big cumbersome ship. I really enjoy Brad’s PM comics

I never knew I wanted a pirate ship. But now I know. I want a pirate ship. And a parrot on my shoulder. And a peg le…actually, I’ll just keep the leg I have for now.

Hahahahahahaha! Daniel- I doubt you could steer a ship so you’d better just stick with public transportation. You know I say that with love. Go ahead and get the parrot.

I like yours and Jeff’s expressions in the 2nd frame – excitement, love,

20. I like that the whole family doesn’t look the least bit chagrined when the dingy arrives. Pamo is even waving, happy for the adventure. Sometimes the best things come in small packages. Great cartoon…very clever.

21. japhethwg says:

This is great Pamo! Now I want to do a strip featuring your characters, if you are okay with that?