LOOKING GOOD

10-13-14 Looking Good 2

I’ve been working on my character drawings and you probably noticed that the cats are now all wearing clothes. Why you ask? Let me tell you.

A few weeks ago, I was drawing Ludlowe, the largest cat, and I kept drawing him with clothes. Finally, I asked Jeff if he thought clothes worked and he said, “Cats are always cuter with clothes.”

Being the independent thinker that I am, I decided all the cats needed clothes. I would say that I’m brilliant but that would be taking it too far.

Too far I tell you. TOO FAR!

This entry was posted in Comic, Webcomic and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

69 Responses to LOOKING GOOD

I’m suddenly feeling like I should buy my mom’s cat a sweater…

It always cracked me up that Porky Pig was just wearing a jacket and no pants. Seemed just fine for some reason:)

Everyone is all spiffed up now and ready to go! Looks good:)

You are right Libby! With a name like Porky Pig- you just expect something different. A jacket with no pants IS hilarious. I may need to rework my characters… independent thinker that I am.

๐Ÿ™‚

3. Sandhya says:

The cats have such cute clothes! Love their style!

4. Deb says:

The comic is too funny…it hit home for me. I have dogs and dress them. One of them is a tiny 3 lb. Yorkie (Cici). I notice when we’re out and Mitch is carry Cici and say I walk a distance from him the woman seem to flock around him going aww and all that stuff.
    “To Far.” ….nah. ๐Ÿ™‚ xo

Mebbe you could even try cats with hats, or dogs with clogs, or cows with blouses. Yeah, I’m going too far now… ๐Ÿ˜›

6. Joseph DR says:

I think it’s brilliant, Pam! Now Jeff needs to get some new duds! :OP

Oh Joseph! Now you’ve gone TOO FAR! About the brilliant thing… but Jeff wearing new duds… being the independent thinker that I am… I agree. That man has been wearing the same pants for five years!
      (Thank you!)

7. Casually Employed says:

I prefer them with clothes. I think watching all those naked Muppets growing up did something to my psyche. ๐Ÿ˜›

8. Christina says:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is rich! :)))

9. If all the cats are dressing up these days, my Lady G. will feel left out. I’m having a difficult time picking the proper fabric for her new outfit. Pink or purple? And of course, she’ll need a tiara. Too much? ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

10. markrenney1 says:

I can take robed animals in cartoons but not in real life – creeps me out. Having got that out of the way may I say I look forward to Cartoon Jeff attempting to outdo his classy mates in the fashion stakes in the World that is Pamo’s……..

We tried once to dress up our big cat in clothes for pictures. It did NOT work out at all. Poor guy! He is so laid back but clothes freaked him out.
      Stay tooned for more fashion issues. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you Mark!

11. Oh Lord save me from people who dress up their pets!! But yours are so cool, and they talk too so are allowed to wear nice threads. ๐Ÿ˜€ Am very surprised though that their trousers don’t have different coloured legs, with Jeff being such a trend setter in that department. ๐Ÿ™‚

Those cats are looking preppy and whatnot. They’re ready for dates and a night on the town. I don’t reckon they’ll be able to drive too?

Cats in clothes??? Garfield was nekkid, so was Sylvesterโ€ฆ. I’ll give you the cat in the hatโ€ฆ but it was just a hat. What’s this world coming too, cats in clothesโ€ฆ. what’s next Jeff in his birthday suit? NOOOOOOOOOO!

Change is SO HARD Elaine! So hard!
      No birthday suits. Not because I don’t think it’s funny- it’s just that I’ve never practiced drawing naked people! Ha!

14. …how about Jeff in a giant cat suit?…

15. โ€ฆoh god, sorry Jeff, I was typing out loud and pushed the button, before reading it back to myselfโ€ฆhope the suit’s no too itchy, man…

16. Pirate Mike says:

Fantastic! Love it!

17. Cats and clothes – who knew! Now I do too! Great toons. Love all their expressions – quite the vivid imagination you’ve got there lady ๐Ÿ™‚
    AnnMarie ๐Ÿ™‚

18. Cats fashions in Miami revolve around the pastels but white is always in.

I’m sort of on the fence about clothes myself.

20. Hope those cats know how to do the laundry and take care of those new snazzy outfits.

21. David Hurley says:

It looks like Jeff had a change of mind . . . the cats look great! ๐Ÿ™‚

22. Mari says:

You go girl!!! Being interdependent thinker takes ton of skill.

hmm I’m a little concerned about the choice of clothes – 1970s golf?

The boys do look rather dapper (smart) in their new clothes. Looks like it takes a blonde to change Jeff’s mind.

OK that’s Pamo’s World all caught up with. I’m so far behind in my comic reading, and drawing. I’ve got next to nothing left in my comic buffer whereas I usually have lots to choose from. It’d be easier if everyone stopped posting new stuff for about 2 weeks so I could get all caught up with all the comics I read.

Tony- I just read this comment and am laughing so hard! I hear you! Yes- everyone has been very productive of late! It’s wonderful but I too am having a hard time keeping up. The viewing and commenting are important parts of this whole exchange- always motivating and inspiring but my buffer is non existent!!! Thanks for the laugh!

26. Mary Paquet says:

Adorable and you are brilliant!

27. Oh, I can just see it, the cats with biker clothes, or have you done it before? Funny how the clothes add to the conversation and personality of the cat-toons. Fun Pam!

28. Robin says:

My dog has a sweater, maybe I shouldn’t admit to that~ but adding clothes to your comic cats definitely gives you more opportunity to develop personalities. My dog’s sweater is a handsome evergreen that brings out his blonde fur. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m not saying I’ve been inspired by this comic to attempt stuffing Django and Pebbles into tiny little fur coats…

…but I’m also not saying I’ve NOT been inspired to attempt stuffing them into tiny human clothes, either.