PUTT PUTT POWER

9-11-14

I think all art deserves a title. When I post a comic here on my blog, the title is the icing on top. The title is my final chance to get my point across to the viewer. Some titles are harder to come by than others.

For almost a week, I’ve been trying to think of a title for this comic. Putt Putt Power came to me at the last minute as I was uploading the comic for this post. It refers to the power of a game of putt putt to lift your mood. You know, in case that wasn’t clear.

For the past week, I’ve also been writing an introduction for Pamo’s World. A short paragraph telling readers what Pamo’s World is about. Writing an introduction summing up Pamo’s World is like trying to water flowers with a vegetable strainer.

Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:

Pamo’s World is a comic about getting along in life. At Pamo’s World you’ll find motorcycles, talking cats, and LOTS of chocolate. But really- it’s all about Pamo.

I don’t know. I’m still working on it. I think I need more chocolate.

This entry was posted in Comic, Webcomic and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to PUTT PUTT POWER

1. Casually Employed says:

Sometimes when you are feeling down you just got to get up and do something. Anything. Because anything is better than feeling down. 😉
    Pam, you might want to consider placing the title of your comic into the comic itself. This way the title will travel wherever the comic goes. 😉

Bill- That is a fantastic suggestion about the title! Thank you SO MUCH!
      I agree- doing something, anything is what usually works.
      (It’s official- your suggestion made my morning. 🙂 )

• Binky says:

Another idea is to also add the title into the file name of the comic (2014-09-11-putt-putt-power.jpg) which should help for SEO if someone searches for an image of that particular thing. It also is a good idea to put a copyright notice on all your strips. It won’t stop people from stealing them, but at least they can be traced back to you.

I think the intro sums up your comic nicely, and this installment’s title fits. Titles aren’t easy to come up with, so I can certainly relate on that point. I like the writing in this one too. You’ve really gone towards the slice of life stuff lately, and I think it works and it’s engaging!

Thanks so much Tony. When I told Jeff about the comic, he didn’t like it much. So we planned a way to spice it up with a little video discussing his reaction. Then I showed him the actual comic and he changed his mind. He said, “It’s not funny haha but it’s sweet. I like it.”
      I about passed out!
      Then your encouragement helps too. (I sound so insecure… don’t tell anyone.)

3. Deb says:

Love the comic and the title, but love that you got a hole in one!
    Also, Bill has a great idea for ya. 🙂

4. Perrrrr-fect title. I like your wit as well as your style. Keep them coming. Seems to me your comics get better and better. ❤ ❤

Yay!!! I like the way you depicted the “Hole in 1” Clever thinking Pamo. I haven’t played Putt Putt golf in years. A lot of fun for sure. Good info which describes Pamo’s World to a Tee [pun intended]

6. Probably you should tell about where Pamo lives, why she’s called Pamo or something to that effect. Would be interesting if you give a backstory about how the talking cats came into her life, how she met Jeff and whatnot. Just thinking of stuff to keep you more busy so I won’t have to think about what I need to do myself.

It’s amazing what will cheer us up!

8. I like the name Putt Putt course, we call it ‘crazy golf’ over here, terrific to get a hole in one! And yes, do a retrospective of Pamo’s roots please 🙂

Hey- crazy golf is right up my alley! 🙂
      Soon, I hope to do more character development and retrospective etc. Just gotta figure out a way to make it interesting. har har har!
      Thanks Frag!

9. Pirate Mike says:

I _love_ mini-golf!

You guys know how to have fun! I like that little story and comic.

And writing a summary of your own work is more work than making the thing in the first place. I think every writer really dreads that task. It’s excruciatingly difficult.

Thanks Binky. We are very fortunate to get to play often.
      The dreaded about paragraph- very tricky but very important. You nailed it though- excruciatingly difficult. Sums it up nicely. Sigh….

11. danscanvas says:

You, pro, post so often I cannot keep up. Congrats on the hole in one! Great idea, miniature golf – haven’t done that in years! Fine comic! My thoughts on your statement: I love the “It’s all about Pamo” line! So true! My wife, when she’s mad at me, says it’s all about me. And since she is a character in my saga, I suppose it is true – lol. I also like the second line. The first line, I think is good, but can probably be better – just a gut feeling.

Thanks Dan! I always appreciate your gut feelings.
      It took me a week to get that first line down. Haha! My first attempts were too intellectual and didn’t really fit the tone I was going for.
      Your wife and you have the same “discussions” as most of us married folk. Yes- it is all about Pamo. 🙂

12. tame4455t says:

Mark Twain quipped on golf that, “Golf is a good walk spoiled.” Obviously, Mr. Twain never nailed a hole-in-one at a Putt-Putt course or his whole perspective might have been different.

How’s this for you opening statement….hi I’m Pamo, this is my World!
    Love this comic and congratulations on the hole in 1!

Titles matter. “Pol Pot Power,” for instance, would’ve been a terrible title.

A hole in one?! That’s nothing! Whenever I go bowling, I’m usually the only person who keeps consistently getting the hole in one with every throw…the rest of the idiots keep knocking over the pins. And I’m like “You morons, the gutter is, like, right there! How difficult is it to avoid the pins and go for the hole in one.”

I’ve been kicked out of more bowling establishments than I care to recall.

15. Linda roth says:

I got nothin’. Pamo’s World says it all and needs no explanations. From the very first, I knew I was following a very talented gal through the ups and downs of her life. Her sense of humor, drawing and writing skills have made the experience a real trip.

16. markrenney2 says:

Great strip Pam. I agree about titles. I find something really satisfying about good one word title!

17. fairclothgg says:

Gooood Job!!!!!!!! 🙂 😀 I am proud of you, girl! I admire your determination and staunchness. That means loyalty to your artwork!

18. Joseph DR says:

Sometimes I have trouble coming up with titles and sometimes they come to me in a flash. I like how you feel about titles, Pamo. It IS the icing on the cake! :O)

Agreed. There’s nothing like some of that putt putt power to put you in a good mood! Also, holy hell, you got a hole-in-one?! Watch out, Tiger Woods! I always like celebrating those little victories. Bowling offers plenty of chances to celebrate each strike.

Hole-in-one’s in Putt Putt are pure luck! 🙂
      Jeff and I plan to do some bowling this winter. I’m ready to celebrate!!
      Thanks Daniel for your comment.