EMERGENCY WATER

9-1-14

We went for a ride last week. During that ride, I learned of Jeff’s obsession with emergency water. You see, I didn’t realize fear of running out of water on our ride was a thing.

Lately he’s been watching vintage Gunsmoke episodes at night. Running out of water on Gunsmoke, apparently, is a thing. So now, it’s a thing for us on our motorcycle rides.

You see, we’re married. If it’s a thing for Jeff, it’s now a thing for me. It was in our vows.

Here’s a photo of me on the ride before I knew about the emergency water:

Pamo is clueless about emergency water in this photo.

Pamo is clueless about emergency water in this photo. She is smiling, unaware.

Here’s a photo of Jeff after I drank the emergency water:

Despite our beautiful surroundings, Jeff finds it hard to smile.

Despite our beautiful surroundings, Jeff finds it hard to smile. He is still mad Pamo drank the emergency water.

And here is a photo of me about an hour later. You can see the puzzled look behind my smile:

Pamo still trying to figure out when  emergency water became a thing.

Pamo still trying to figure out when emergency water became a thing.

So FINALLY, we get to our next stop where we replenish the emergency water. This makes both of us very happy.

Yay! Thank heavens we now have emergency water!

Yay! Thank heavens we now have emergency water!

After our Day Rides, we always do a wrap up video. As part of that wrap up, we discuss our favorite thing from the ride. Jeff still hasn’t let the emergency water saga go:

So now you know. Emergency water is a thing.

This entry was posted in Comic, Humor Story, Webcomic and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to EMERGENCY WATER

1. Deb says:

I love the cartoon, and your drawing style!
    Your both photogenic, and when hubby is bewildered….lol, but most of all, I think I loved you video with hubby’s obsession of the bottle of water.
    Maybe you can pack two, one for emergencies and one just to have because you feel like it.
    Love the whole post, Pam
    Have a great day and rest of the week too!

Thank you Deb! I swear I didn’t know emergency water was a thing until this trip! LOL!
      That’s a great idea… pack two. Absolutely!
      Loved your latest beach scene Deb- so colorful and well designed. Twink and Cookie are gonna have a great day.
      And you do the same!

• Deb says:

It was the vintage shows that brought that on the emergency water thing me thinks…lol

Thank you! I think they’ll both feel well rested by the end of the day!
        You have a great day too!

2. Joseph DR says:

Hahaha! Such a big deal over the water! I agree, though: Emergency water is important! I have watched episodes of “I Shouldn’t Be Alive!” and those wilderness survival shows. Drinkable water is the first thing they look for. But it’s a good thing you drank it, Pam. Rotate the water every so often to avoid it going bad (because of the plastic container). Also, another solution would be to carry several bottles of water instead of soda. Soda is bad for you!

I love those bikes! And the scenery! :O)

Thank you Joseph! I’m going with the rotation thing next time I drink the emergency water. 😉
      No soda? I’m a bit of a diet cokeaholic… but I agree completely that soda is not good.
      I really appreciate your visit! So nice to see you again. I’ll be by Wacky Monkeys soon to see more of your glorious art.

Perhaps you should add some emergency doughnuts as well. 😉

Love the cartoon!

4. Let’s add another concern to his list…that the emergency bottle of water doesn’t stay fresh forever. Now he’s in charge of rotating that emergency bottle of water too. Loved the perspective in this cartoon. I’m with Carrie…add emergency doughnuts too.

Thanks Darlene. He’ll leave it to me to rotate the water. He knows I’m completely obsessive about that. Sigh.
      Emergency doughnuts on the list my friend! Now on the list! Yay!

5. I like your upbeat personality. (Mother Nature will provide…Everything’s gonna be all right etc.)
    The comic frames pinned down that feeling of ’emergency!’ water. You are hilarious, Pam. I love your style. Keep them coming. ❤ ❤

6. Pirate Mike says:

But it’s _emergency_ water!

7. markrenney2 says:

I am with you Pam – Christine is obsessive about having and keeps buying bottles of it, which I have to carry along with her lenses, and which she doesn’t drink and then she leaves them in the car, buys more next time etc etc. but then again, were we to be stranded we would have the equivalent of a reservoir to drink at will! Excellent strip.

I hear you Mark! These partners of ours are rather eccentric. I’ve benefited from Jeff’s need to have back up more times than I’m willing to admit. But do we really NEED emergency water? Silly question. Yes we do.
      Thanks for your visit!

8. markrenney2 says:

‘Having water’ it should say.

This is such a blast especially with the live Jeff telling us how you let him down on the ride by drinking from the emergency water bottle. Pam and Jeff, you brighten our day let me tell you. Jeff is so dry (especially now you have nicked the precious liquid) and Pam you pick it up and run with so beautifully, BRILLIANT.

Thank you Chris! I just love that you get me. Makes it all worthwhile!!!
      And that comment to Mark about you and Jeff being eccentric…. I have no defense.
      We love you!

10. This is just too funny!! Firstly I have to admit I have emergency water in the car for topping up the windscreen wipers and I have felt the need to drink it when I’ve been stuck out in the sticks, so ya know, who can argue with emergency water? ! The funniest thing was Jeff saying “when you watch Gunsmoke, or Rifleman or any of those real life stories” I was weeping!! And then his favourite thing was replacing the emergency water, have not laughed this much in ages. His face right at the end!! Priceless. BTW he is very handsome and looks like Dustin Hoffman I think ( hope he doesn’t mind that!). Your bikes are lush and thats so cool to take the day riding around in all that great scenery. I like the insecty sounds going on in the background of the video, it sounds like holiday time! Your toon is just so succinct we could almost do without the rest of the post and still be laughing as much, but that video! Killer stroke Pamo.

For the 1st time ever I’m going to reblog a post (I’m a rebogger virgin) because I want to watch that everytime I’m feeling down!

Okay- it’s official. You’ve made my day Frag! I’m so glad I made you laugh and yes, Jeff makes me weep too. The man is so darned funny and he doesn’t even try.
      I’ll tell him your compliment. He will be pleased but won’t admit to it.
      I’m so honored you reblogged me!!! Yay! It’s my first time too. 😉

BTW- I’m not surprised you have emergency water. It seems to be a commonality among highly intelligent creative types. Who knew?

11. bugger, rebogger virgin doesn’t sound good at all, but it really is the new spelling of ‘reblogger’ 😀

12. Reblogged this on fragglerocking and commented:
    funniest post ever.

13. well I’m hogging your reply section but had to say rebogging your bog was my 200th post, so you don’t get a prize but hey, Pamo’s World is Fragglerocking across the universe’s 200th post!! Pretty cool methinks.

“Your pants are on fire, honey.”

That right there. I just about fell off my chair, I was laughing so hard!

And he just keeps talking. You guys. 😛

15. …so let me get this straight…you visited a water tower and a lake…and Jeff was still worried about running out of water?!?….I LIKE that in a guy…(always be prepared to over-think your preparedness…that’s my motto)….

That video was great! You both seem very natural.

You obviously need to pack some back-up emergency water bottles, in case the primary emergency bottle of water somehow gets drunk again. Not that you would ever do that!

It will be a cold day in Wombania before I EVER drink the emergency bottle of water again!
      I’ll tell Jeff about the need for back-up for the back-up. We may need to get a bit more storage on the bikes. 😉

17. Why do people laugh at me when I brag about my emergency $5 ? They’ll be sorry one day and they better not come to me cause I ain’t sharin’.

The $5 emergency money is very old school. I like your style!
      Those of us who don’t think about emergency supplies rely on those of you who do. We know you’ll be sharing because you also have another emergency $5 bill in another secret compartment of your wallet. Don’t try to deny it!

Confession time, we have emergency water at our house, stored in glass wine jugs (we had to drink the wine to have the jugs for water). Before hurricane season, I refill the emergency water to make sure it is fresh, when an actual hurricane is forming, we fill the bath tub with additional emergency water. In addition we also store emergency toilet paper, when civilization collapses, we can trade toilet paper for food and water. Now I think I may need emergency water and a roll of toilet paper on our bike trips.

I really admire your dedication to emergency water… having to drink all that wine just for the containers. 🙂
      Of course in your area of the country, emergency water is an absolute necessity! Emergency water and toilet paper on the bike is a good idea. You’re gonna need more storage. LOL!

19. Mari says:

You rebel you PAMO!!!! Jeff looked so defeated in that one shot (LOL), poor guy… but glad to see that he was all good to go again after you replaced the emergency water, both smiling again. Video is just too funny, he’s very serious about his emergency supplies.
    Comic is brilliant!

Ha, Jeff just NOT letting it go.

What’s an “emergency bottle” of water anyways? Is that in case of an apocalyptic nuclear attack the shockwave from which blasts you into an unidentified desert? Or do you guys have a habit of driving around into unexplored territory without GPS? Or is it more of a pretend thing like when I was running around with a plastic toy gun that “ran out of bullets” and I needed to keep a rucksack with “bullets” in it to replenish it? It’s the third thing, isn’t it?

By the way, the plastic toy gun thing wasn’t something recent or anything. It was a long time ago. This March.

Hahahahahahahaha! I read Jeff your comment and he said to tell you “It’s EMERGENCY water.” He said it as if you would understand. (I personally think it’s the third thing too.)
      March was a long time ago. Really. Ahem. 🙂

Ha Ha Ha!!! This whole combination of cartoon, photos, blog post & video really cracked me up. Especially Jeff’s video explanation. We always have emergency water in our car but it’s for a radiator emergency not drinking. Maybe I need a bottle of emergency water under the seat of my motorscooter in case I run out of water on my 15 minute ride to work. You just never know…
    P.S. I like your bike better than Jeff’s. What model is it?

Tony- you definitely need an emergency bottle of water, if only for the jokes. 😉
      My bike is a 2013 1200cc HD Sportster Custom. It’s really comfortable and fits me. I love it!
      Thanks so much!

22. Joan Tatley says:

This is so funny! He really couldn’t let it go…

Lordy mercy, Pamo. You’re a worriation to that man. Can’t let you know where all the water bottles are.

Had to watch it again. Just so funny.

25. Pingback: DAY RIDE TO CUMBERLAND MOUNTAIN STATE PARK | BIKER RAGS