THE PITCH

8-18-14

It’s a great time in history to be a comics creator. Those of us who put together comics can post them online and share them with all kinds of folks in all kinds of places!

While it’s doubtful I’ll ever be in some editors office shopping Pamo’s World around, I will be connecting with other comics creators online. The internet has opened up a world of opportunity that simply didn’t exist twenty years ago.

Recently, I was invited to post my comics on another website called Comx Box. This is of course in addition to my blog here. It is simply another opportunity to share my work with comics lovers and I’m stoked about the chance to do so!

Why join Comx Box? Simply put, it’s because of the people. The quality of comics on Comx Box are high, the standards fall right in line with my own, and Tame (administrator and facilitator of Comx Box) is loaded with enthusiasm and positive encouragement.

I’ll still be here every Monday and Thursday! And you can see me over at Comx Box right HERE.

I guess I am yet another delusional cartoonist. I’m trying to remain calm.

This entry was posted in Comic, Webcomic and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to THE PITCH

You are about as far from delusional as one could possibly get. I am in love with your work, Pam, and it will only get better and better. I know this because you put the hours in, along with every ounce of talent that you possess, and it shows. I’m along for the ride for as long as you keep rolling ’em out!

Yah! You have worked hard to keep going and build your following of readers-it’s only natural that you would get a possibility to expand that readership. Lots of people are going to be happy:)

You never know what may happen being delusional and all. Be careful though. And watch out for the white jacket. Publishers are crazy.

4. Yay. Congratulations on your invitation to Comx Box. The more exposure the better. ❤

5. We’re not the delusional ones in trying to get our work recognised or appreciated. It’s those without any sense of fun or humour, in positions of power, who seem delusional having had a humoursectomy and charisma-by–pass! 🙂

It is EXACTLY what should happen with your work. There is such a talent within you and your humour is so honest, gentle but sharp at the same time. Great to see you getting well-deserved recognition for what is a genius strip. Warm warm wishes Chris xx

7. markrenney2 says:

Congratulations Pam. I have taken a quick look at Comx Box and it looks likes a really great site. You truly do deserve the recognition and exposure. Regards Mark.

8. well I started off with Bored in a record shop, (Tony 1)found you, then Crumble Cult (Tony 2)and also the guy who does Scout and Bigfoot, so am becoming a comicaholic 🙂 congrats on being in the comx box, I daren’t look further than your post or I’ll be swallowed up by comicians.
    Love them all 🙂

The internet has simultaneously opened up a whole new world for cartoonists, and virtually destroyed the traditional market for them. A few are making good money posting their comics online, but obviously most are not.

So true Binky. I see on your site where you are syndicated and publishing online as well- so of course you have a wider perspective on the whole comics arena.
      Obviously, I’m not trying to make a living sharing comics.
      As an amateur, I’m in a position to share and publicize my work. Twenty years ago- no one except maybe those in the zine scene would have been interested.
      I appreciate your perspective. Would love to hear more sometime.

• Binky says:

For anyone who wants to share their work, the internet has been a hugely positive development, for cartoonists or artists or writers or musicians or photographers. But there has been nothing to replace the traditional newspaper market for cartoonists, and most of us artists are not exactly good promoters or business people. We are really in a state of change, and it is difficult to see where it may be heading.

10. …delusional or not, your colours just took an amazing step up….I like!…

11. japhethwg says:

Excellent, a wonderful opportunity. I think it’s more exciting when others WANT to see your work, rather than having it forced upon them (like the newspaper comics). I’m glad to see your work is progressing. On a separate topic, I’m curious how you create your work and get it online (I.e. pen and paper and scanner, special computer program, ect). Thanks!

Congratulations, I LOVE it when my cyber friends get the recognition they richly deserve. I LOVE your comics and now even more people can discover the unique personality that is PAMO!

Thank you SO MUCH Elaine!!! Your continued support of my art and other artists is heart warming and meaningful.
      You are one of the most prolific art journal bloggers out there! Thank you for sharing your art and your encouragement so freely. It helps!

13. It’s great that you are sharing Pamo’s World with a bigger audience! I am sure “they” (the bigger audience) will love you…like we do!

Yet another funny cartoon!

And hell yes, good on ya for joining Comx Box. More eyes on comics, more people seeing them. (I do logic good.)

15. Congrats on Comx Box…I love it over there too. They’re lucky to have your work there.

My wife thinks I should get paid for my comics but I asked “By who???”
    She replied that one of the local newspapers would probably be interested. I personally think not & I am certain that if I contacted them then this episode of Pamo’s World would be exactly how it would go down for me too.
    Funny episode Pam & I agree about the internet giving cartoonists wonderful opportunity to share our work. If it wasn’t for the internet & would probably never tried cartooning as I was inspired by several webcomics that I regularly read when I was but a humble blogger. Congrats too for being invited to comxbox

Tony- I agree about the internet being a fantastic motivation for artistic expression. I too wonder if I would do this otherwise. I’d like to think so but without an audience, I doubt it.
      I will encourage you to consider submitting various comics to online magazines or print magazines. I don’t think there is much monetary reward but it would be great seeing it in other venues. You have such a large body of work.
      (This is a goal I’ve set for myself.)
      Also- you might check out http://tapastic.com . It’s another place to put your comics out there.
      People who see us work so hard on our comics (spouses) feel we should be compensated. It’s their love for us and what we do. But, we know, it’s the joy of creation that keeps us motivated. Plus talking with other creators such as yourself. Thank you!