SLICE OF LIFE

8-7-14

It was last fall when we took this ride referenced in the above comic. When we stopped in Robbinsville for an ice cream, these characters were being a bit rowdy. We couldn’t help but listen in.

We collectively ignored the crude joke as if it never happened. I felt Jeff really wanted to laugh but didn’t because I was sitting there. Heck- I wanted to laugh too! I’m not sure why we held back. Jeff and I didn’t mention the incident at all to each other that day.

It wasn’t until the next week when I showed Jeff this comic and asked, “Do you remember that?” He grinned wide and said he did remember. It struck me that a journal comic can illuminate parts of our lives we might not share otherwise. I’m sure it’s one of the many reasons why I love slice of life comics.

If you like slice of life comics as much as I do, check out Alan Gilbert’s comic Mid-Life W/ Alan by CLICKING HERE.

OK then! Have a terrific rest of your week and I’ll see you Monday.

This entry was posted in Comic, Humor Story, Webcomic and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to SLICE OF LIFE

Thanks to two teenage boys, that’s just every-day humor in our house!

I really like this one, Pam. Of course, all your strips have been great but I love the observational tone in this. It really does feel it has that “slice of life” vibe you’re after. Would love to see more along these lines! ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you Tony! Truth told, this is one of my favorites too. I prefer this type of comic.
      The reasons I resist this mode entirely feel complicated- but I’ll work it out.
      Appreciate your thumbs up!

• Tony Single says:

Trust those reasons, Pam, but instead of letting them stop you, use them as fuel if you can. Believe me, it’s a bit of a struggle I go through with some of my strips too, but it’s worth it when you tackle the bull head on and produce something that feels right (even with all the scrapes and bumps and broken limbs!). ๐Ÿ™‚

3. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    I like your humor.

4. ๐Ÿ˜€ them bikers! I would have chortled if I’d been there, but very quietly just in case. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hahaha! Exactly!
      Then, after a little bit, you would of had them regaling with laughter yourself. I’ve seen your wry sense of humor in comments on Bored in a Record Shop. LOL! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh Pam – look at those old boys. And you and Jeff so genteel! Hilarious.

6. A great one! I would’ve had to have a laugh right there. I get some of my best material listening in on conversations and observing.

I guess that’s the world of a true biker. I never thought about this before but nose picking gotta be even tougher when holding handles with a helmet on and going 90 mph. I don’t think I’d like to see nose picking that way or while eating ice cream. I once saw a fella picking his while pumping gas and he caught me looking. Talking about an awkward moment…

8. danscanvas says:

Yeah, I remember all the places I picked my nose. I also remember places I’ve been just from sketches in my sketchbooks. Even if it is just of a person that was there (and it usually is), it takes me back.

I tried to comment on your guest post, and for some reason could not. Congratulations! It was a great post, and a wonderful selection of comics – they were all very funny! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. tame4455 says:

Of course he wanted to laugh. He has great self-control and that should be appreciated. It shows both dignity and maturity. I, on the other hand, laughed.

10. One slice of booger pizza and a booger chip ice cream please.

I’ve gotta remember that one, as my hands cramp up all the time on the bike, Ron’s Harley has ‘cruise control’โ€ฆ. but my Honda Silverwing I’ve got to hold the throttle or she slows to a stop real quick. I’m afraid I would have laughed out loud, well maybe softlyโ€ฆ LOL

Elaine- check into a product called Crampbuster – it’s a throttle assist that works great!
      I’m sure those guys would have gotten a kick out of you laughing. ๐Ÿ™‚
      Thanks!

Those bikers are such sissies. I’m NEVER too tired to pick my nose!

PS: Please don’t tell them I called them “sissies.” In fact, please don’t tell them I mentioned them at all.

Real life provides some of the best comic ideas.