JUST CLOWNING AROUND

7-28-14 A

7-28-14 B

My favorite thing in this whole story I’ve drawn throughout July is the Clown Car. I want one!

Obviously I’m busy tying up some loose ends. The first page today references kindred spirits and the original mention was in the July 10th comic HERE. Today, Peepers makes it clear that Pamo and Clarence the Clown are wearing the same outfit, except of course, the hat.

As Tame, of Comx Box Comics, said to me in an introductory email- don’t be mad at the clown, it’s in his nature. I loved that analysis! And that was exactly how I felt about Clarence as well. He’s just gonna do things like trip an unsuspecting Pamo and hand her exploding chocolate.

Indeed, Clarence is now a new character for Pamo’s World. No word on when he’ll reappear, but he’ll be back in the mix eventually.

The final comic of this storyline will be on Thursday, the last day of July. I’ll wrap it all up then and August will begin anew. (I’ve got more stuff I want to draw about Jeff. Haha!)

Have a terrific week and I’ll see you in a few days!

This entry was posted in Comic, Webcomic and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to JUST CLOWNING AROUND

1. yes am liking the car a lot, I did wonder if the hat was going to explode though!

I think they are two sides of the same coin. Don’t we all have a Clarence inside of ourselves? LOL:)

Looking forward to the final installment.

3. Robin says:

I think of Clarence as “the world” and Pamo as real life gullible Pamo, and the clown car as a Fiat… go figure!

Pamo catches a break and finds a friend. Cool. She sure needed that. Can’t wait for the next theme.

5. you know those facebook quizzes? I took one about a new nickname. Mine turned out to be “screaming clown” which I actually like. It is so me. haha. I need that clown car. More clown toons!

I want the bird for my birdbath please. And LOL!

so true, friends are hard to find!. Can’t wait to see what Thursday brings. This has been a brilliant series.

8. tame says:

This looks like it will be a story with a happy ending. I like stories with happy endings that also feature keen fashion sense. A line of Pamo headgear in the future, perhaps?

That clown hat suits her. (And that’s meant to be a compliment!) πŸ™‚

Maybe Pamo is a really a clown at heart, but has never let it out.

11. I’ve enjoyed this–we need more people who are clowns at heart. I found the bird–love it.

12. danscanvas says:

Gal, you’s too nice for this comics game. Something needed to happen with the hat!! (Pssst – something mischievous or magical can happen gradually with the hat in your comic sitting on a shelf or hat rack in the background over time, unnoticed by the characters. Just a thought.) Great outfit, wonderful clown car, and above all, great hat!

13. Mari says:

That car would be fab to drive around here, everyone looks always far too serious and grumpy when they drive so that should spread a good giggle : ) You know, I’m not a huge fan of clowns, but Clarence started to grow on me. But I’m glad you found a way to keep his spirit around through fashion (hat and all) and getting back to do some Jeff comics (cant wait).

Love, love, love the little yellow car, reminds me of our Smart Car LOL. Looking forward to Jeff comics tomorrow.

Yay yellow car! It does kind of look like a Smart Car. πŸ™‚ Journal comics start in August. Should be fun. Thanks for hanging out Elaine- I so appreciate you!

15. Enjoying visiting your world in comics. Fun stuff..I also love the car and the exploding chocolate. Saw the badge for Comx Box and took a peek over there. Can you tell me a bit more about Comx Box and being a cartoonist there? Thank you for your time and for following me on my Blog? Cheers-Darlene

Thank you Darlene! So nice to meet you. I believe Elaine suggested your blog on Google Plus- that’s how I found you. I’m glad to follow along with you as well.
      Comx Box is a great collection of cartoonists, isn’t it?! You can contact them about submitting your comic through this email: CartoonistComxBox@gmail.com .
      I’m not sure of the criteria but I think you’ll find the folks there friendly and helpful. Best of luck!
      And thanks again! Have a terrific rest of your week.

• Appreciated Pam! Lovely to meet you and the characters in your comics. They begin to feel like friends I get to see twice a week. Thanks for the info about ComxBox. Cheers-Darlene

I want to drive a clown car to the office. And whenever my colleagues ask me anything, I’d like to be able to spell my answer in balloon animals. In fact, that’s exactly what I’ll be doing from now on. I’ll let you know how long it takes for me to get fired.

Hahahahahaha! You’d make a clown car even funnier! You’ve lit up my morning Daniel. Thanks for taking your time to sprinkle my blog with your wonderful words.