TRIP AND FLIP

7-17-14-A

7-17-14-B

Pamo gets no respect! Maybe if she didn’t make everything look so funny, she could get a “How are ya?”

Poor Pamo trying to be positive but life and stuff just keeps stepping in her way.

What will Pamo do? Will she let bygones be bygones or will recent events drag her down? You’ll have to stay tooned! The month of Pamo continues next week!

This entry was posted in Comic, Webcomic and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to TRIP AND FLIP

Poor Pamo. I feel for her. No respect at all!

Ah well. Guess it wouldn’t be be interesting if everyone was polite and caring. 😉

Jeff and I were hashing out a story line one day and I told him it had no conflict. He said, “Whaddya mean?” And I said all stories need a conflict to drive it forward. He didn’t really like that answer because we all spend so much of our time avoiding conflict. But alas- conflict is necessary. So Pamo gets no respect but she’s okay with that. Makes life more interesting!

Maybe she’ll rise to the top of a chocolate mountain and all will be well.

I went SPLAT Tuesday night after 5 things hit all at once. Talk about overkill! 5 things that I didn’t want to attend to. and the day had gone so well until I picked up the mail. So, I relate to Pamo falling, maybe in a different way than intended, but it felt like I tripped over something. All is well today so it was a glitch, one I could have done without. Can’t wait to see what’s next for Pamo. xoxo

I’m so sorry to hear about your run ins! I hate it when that happens- it’s so frustrating. You’re going along happy as can be then BAM! you’ve wound up floored. Sounds like you’ve handled it.
      And this is exactly what the latest series of cartoons is about- dealing with life’s glitches.
      Thank you Gail, as always, for your friendship and support!

4. markrenney2 says:

I am being serious now – I too had a chocolate scare but I was wrong – Mark hadn’t found my stash. I had sleepwalked and hidden in my second secret place – phew…
    Bless the Pamo tripping and flipping – is she always so unlucky?

5. Mary Paquet says:

I say she will not take it lying down — that’s our PAMO! And whatever she does will be deliciously funny.

6. Robin says:

And all I can think about is how your drawings/color choices keep getting better and better!

7. Mari says:

You crack me up lady!!!!… Great one!

8. danscanvas says:

Poor Pamo! She’s so down, she’s resorting to slapstick! Quick more chocolate!!

Finally – finally -I have time to comment!! And I have so wanted to comment, ever since the post with Lynda Barry’s comic, Two Questions – when I felt your post was talking directly to me. Yes, two songs come to mind: “You’re so vain, you probably think this song is about you..” and “Strumming my life with his fingers, singing my life with his words ..” and I am also inadvertently showing my age – yet again. I loved “Two Questions” and am now following Lynda Barry on Tumblr.

I have been reading your comics each time – all wonderful. And sharing your claustrophobic adventures in the deep caves. I will try to comment more often, because, I hope you know, Pamo is an indispensable read – even with the clowns!

By the way – something I found recently that I can see needs Pam Huggins’ touch! You may know about it already: http://corpsey.trubbleclub.com/

Dan- Thank you so much for your thoughts and links and general coolness! I was talking to you, of course!
      I’m now following Lynda Barry on Tumblr as well. (Pamo’s World is on Tumblr too… you know just in case.) And… I had seen The Infinite Corpse however, hadn’t really looked into it. But now… you’ve got me thinking. I’ll give it a shot when I have a little more time to devote to it. So thank you for the encouragement.

Now then… as far as slapstick… Jeff hasn’t much cared for my recent foray into clowns and such either- but like you, he’s stuck with it and still managed a chuckle or two. Just one more week with Clarence the Clown then I’ll be moving forward. I committed to this story line and by damn… I’m seeing it through. Although- I’ll admit I’m a fan of slapstick in comics. And I like clowns too.

I am so glad to see you posting as of late. I’ve missed you and am so happy to have you back for as long as you can be back.

Thanks again Dan! I’m always delighted to see you comment!

9. that Pamo…so happy to meet a “fellow” clown, only to be tripped! But knowing Pamo, she will not let this deter her from clowning and admiring other clowns. …and I speak from experience 🙂

(good job as always 🙂

Thank you Celeste! I have learned well from your example- be who you are and stand tough. Your art, Celeste, is only made better by your determination and steadfast commitment to who you are as an artist- mean clowns be damned. Thank you, ALWAYS, for the inspiration!

10. I was ‘tripping’ around your blog here, Pamo. It is most excellent. Your worldly humor is uplifting. Smiles were all around my table this morning. 🙂 Your a funny lady and goodness knows the world can do with more funny…
    Also, truth be told, I admire your motorcycling. I once owned a motorcycle many moons ago, but (and this is my excuse) my ‘lefthandedness’ kept me from making right-handed turns and I had to sell my little black motorcycle. I keep the dream deep in my pocket.
    AnnMarie 🙂
    Truly terrific blog, Pamo!

How DARE that clown trip Pamo, that darn cat is no help at all… where’s your doggy? A dog would at least lick your face while you’re down.

On another note, one of my Grandmother’s favorite sayings… “People Plan, God laughs”… We’re home from the mountains, but only Ron rode a motorcycle, to Murphy and home from Murphy. Our Jeep that hauls the bike trailer broke down, needs a new Engine OUCH!… anyway I drove the Smart Car and Ron was going to do the Dragon… but God wasn’t done laughing… rain, rain, and more rain… so we did the Dragon in the car on Friday, there were a few crazy people doing it in the rain on bikes… we did the Cherohala Skyway on Saturday… what a great ride it would be in nice weather… we will be back, surely God will be laughing at someone else next time 🙂

Oh no Elaine! I was hoping you guys would get to this area when the rain was not! But alas, sometimes things just don’t work out that way. Sounds like you guys made the best of it.

I’ll look for my doggy. 🙂

Ya gotta admit that making a clown laugh is pretty impressive

I would like to finally see a comic strip where that cat finally gets his (hers?)

It’s about damn time!