BEHIND THE SCENES

Today’s post is a behind the scenes view of Pamo’s World. Amazing, right?

First up is a video diary made by Jeff:

Well- I ran out of chocolate, so I didn’t get the two part comic finished for today. Truth is, I try to have my comic done and ready several days before I post just to cut down on the stress factor. But this past week has been EXTRA loaded with activities and adventures. What activities and adventures? I’m glad you asked.

Last Thursday, Jeff and I rode our motorcycles up to Ruby Falls in Chattanooga, TN. After decades of passing SEE RUBY FALLS signs on barns and billboards, we picked mid July to do so. July, apparently, is the peak of tourism and loads of other people were also seeing Ruby Falls.

Ruby Falls Cavern Castle

Ruby Falls Cavern Castle

We knew the guided tour would last about an hour but with the heavy throng of visitors, our entire visit was more like two hours. We entered the cave by way of an elevator, then shuffled about a half mile to the falls.

Inside Ruby Falls…

with about a hundred other people.

This is the guy in front of me for the first half of the tour. Jeff was behind me. I wasn’t coping so well… as evidenced by this next photo:

Pamo standing in front of Ruby Falls.

Pamo standing in front of Ruby Falls.

I can laugh about the whole experience now. But as someone who is claustrophobic and nervous among large crowds of people, visiting Ruby Falls in July wasn’t my sanest decision.

Here’s a video I made of Ruby Falls. If the thought of descending over 1100 feet underground and spending a few hours with a large crowd of people doesn’t sound like something you’re up to… here you go:

Jeff reenacts the first half of our Ruby Falls visit in this video:

Then we went to a family wedding. We really can clean up when we have to:

Jeff and Pamo dressed up.

I made Jeff stand in front of his car for another photo:

Jeff with his car.

He said I couldn’t post it unless I posted the one he took of me. Sheesh!

Pamo with car.

Then Sunday morning before work, we went to a local car show called Cars and Coffee.

The guys at the car show.

Anyone from Knoxville will recognize Mayor Tim Burchett in the forefront. Next is Jeff’s nephew Tim, his nephew-in-law Bruce, then of course Jeff.

Lastly, I share with you one of our Day Ride video outtakes:

That’s the whole behind the scenes look. Frankly, I’m surprised I’m even able to stand up straight. This week should see my calm routine returning and more comics creating in my future!

This entry was posted in Humor Story, Photo, Webcomic and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to BEHIND THE SCENES

Okay, I was disappointed to find no comic today, but this makes up for it! I was laughing so hard at the first, third and last clips, and the photos are great! God, I love you guys. I’m so glad that you give us a little glimpse into your life together. It’s a real inspiration for my own marriage, and it feels so good to laugh! Thank you!

Yay Tony! I’m so glad you got it and laughed! That was our intention.
      I should be back on schedule and have a new comic for Thursday.
      I read your latest post and will be by to comment later today. I’m at work right now and the boss (Jeff) frowns on internet surfing. What a maniac he is! Sheesh! Doesn’t he know I have a whole life on the internet I want to attend to. Opps- here he comes… gotta go. 🙂

Loved your video clip and the glimpse into your world (your diabetes table and all 😉 ).

3. I don’t remember it being that crowded when we saw Ruby Falls in August of 80-something. Good thing, because I get a bit claustrophobic as it is.

ha ha ha – Jeff’s re-enactment of your passage to Ruby Falls had us cracking up, as did your mountain of food and drink wrappers, boxes, drums, tanks holding chocolate! Lovely to see you both and the woofers. We think Jeff’s Film Productions should become a thing on here. You make me smile so much – you are a star!

still laughing and I needed a good laugh. You did good getting to the Falls and thank you for sharing the video of something I probably would pass on doing and regret. Beautiful Falls! Elevators, caves and crowds aren’t something I can do. Kudos on another great Post.

Thank you Gail for your support as always! You have been such a great friend for all these years. I’m so glad we still “hang out” together. Glad you got to share in a portion of Ruby Falls anyway. I’m certainly not doing that again. 🙂

6. …hmmmm…clowns for motivation….must give that a go…(thanks for sharing guys….very informative!)…

7. flyingplatypi says:

Loved the behind the scenes look and the video clips!

Hugs!

Valerie

Is that a lavender jacket that Jeff is wearing? That is a bold move! You two clean up just great! LOL:) Not even sure I own clothing at this point to go to a wedding!

What a great post. You are a better man than me for sure. Crowds and cozy caves aren’t quite my thing:) And I love your writing/comic making outfit and setup. Maybe that is what I am missing in my own routine. I need an artist’s outfit…:)

Yes Libby! It is lavender. I love that color on him.
      I think everyone should have an artist outfit. Haha!
      No more caves in my future… at least for awhile. 🙂

I have actually been to Ruby Falls… and the thing that impressed me was that Ruby, crawled down that hole in the DARK with her husband (who had found the falls the day before)… NO WAY would that fall be named Elaine Falls… because I would NEVER have even gone 10 feet down that hole. It’s bad enough now that they’ve opened it up for people to walk down there (Jeff’s video brought back memories)… Love your studio table, I noticed that two page comic page was blank… I hate when that happens to me. I enjoyed your travel shots, and Jeff’s cool car, that’s what we’d call a Chick magnet around here.

I agree Elaine- it was amazing to think that they crawled to those falls! Of course- they didn’t have tv and internet back then so anything for entertainment, I suppose. 😉
      My two pages actually have pencil marks on them so I’m a little further along but believe me… I stare down the blank page often enough. Haha!
      Jeff talks about doing things to impress the chicks all the time but I think he really just likes the machines. That man loves his engines.
      Enjoy your upcoming trip!! I know you’ll have a blast!

No chocolate = No cartoons??? I like your thinking but I’m on a diet trying to get fit & lose some weight so my main motivator is Coke Zero & an occasional banana or muesli bar. Enjoyed the videos, your puppies are all cute. Loved Jeff’s reenactment of walking through the caves. I couldn’t do it. The squeezy section would freak me out. I don’t mind caves if there’s room to move but I get claustro in tight or overcrowded places. I had the day off work today due to a bad headache so I got a full 9 panel strip drawn, inked, scanned & coloured. I drew a bit too much detail so the colouring took ages.

I hear you about the chocolate Tony! I have to watch my intake of it too.
      Sorry about your headache but glad you got some drawing time in! I look forward to seeing it. Hope you are feeling better.
      Thanks for your visit and comment. New toon tomorrow.

Ran out of chocolate?? Oh, the inhumanity!
    But that’s a really nice Challenger!

12. Tammie & Kenneth Frye says:

I LOVED this! Kenneth and I come in the store every time we’re in Knoxville, but we just live in Maryville! I don’t think I could handle the tight spots and huge crowds, I kinda have panic attacks. But it was beautiful! I’m happy I got to see it thru ur eyes instead of my own. Lol! I ride with Kenneth on his bike, a Shadow Ace 1100, but don’t have my own. We’ve been looking into that, but I have never ridden on my own before, and I’m 49! The thought terrifies me. But I would love my own. Something real cheap @ first… Just to learn on. In the meantime I’ll just ride w/hubby! Just wanted to give you both a shout out and say keep up the great work!!…. Tammie

Tammie- So wonderful to hear from you! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Ruby Falls is beautiful but if you don’t like tight spots- I definitely wouldn’t put yourself through it! 🙂
      I think the most important thing about riding is enjoying yourself whether you are a passenger or driver.
      Be sure to say hi next time you’re by the store! Thanks so much!
      Have a great weekend.
      Pam

13. Pam, I like your cartoons. Perhaps we can showcase some my blog as guest post. Lemme know if interested.
    dagostino07@gmail.com

14. Pamo, Thanks for following my blog and liking my self portrait! Rock on with your comics!!!!!