A NEW POSITIVE ATTITUDE

7-3-14

The punch line was my creation, not Jeff’s. Come to think of it though, when I shared the comic with Jeff, he laughed really hard. Hmm.

If you missed the last post, you should know that July is my birthday month and I’m another year older. I’m celebrating July as the ‘month of Pamo’. The month of Pamo is the story of Pamo wielding her positive persona in the pursuit of happiness. (This is a comic. I’m allowed to say stuff like that.)

Finding joy, for me, involves nurturing a positive attitude. I know that sounds syrupy and even naive. After all, life is hard. There’s an entire industry built around shocking, horrific events called ‘the news’.

Yet, my own internal negativity is my largest looming enemy. I fight that demon daily. It’s a hard fight and some days I lose, but most days, I do okay.

Cartoon Pamo struggles with this issue too. She’s unsure of herself. She worries and she labors over the inconsequential. She has decided she will find joy and has put on a special outfit to celebrate. Today, we find her setting off on a new adventure. Will she succeed? Will she learn anything new? Most importantly, will it be funny? The story continues on Monday!

This entry was posted in Comic, Webcomic and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to A NEW POSITIVE ATTITUDE

I’m with Jeff. That was funny. On another note, I need doses of positivity. Dreaming about work is not a good thing, so I need something strong. Happy birthday and do celebrate yourself. August is my birth month, so I must keep this in mind. Beatrice, my comic character will help me stay on track.

It’s a long haul isn’t it? Some days are better than others. Like you (and Cartoon Pamo) I like to think that I win most days; that my attitude and outlook are good. Hard to say sometimes:)

Hope your walk was a good one. Keep on truckin’, as they (used) to say:)

It is a long haul Libby! It’s a good fight- but I do get tired sometimes.
      Hope you have a terrific holiday. You Keep on truckin’ too! 🙂

Love the post, love the positive attitude but just have to say from the apex it is all downhill –

It’s not easy maintaining a positive attitude in life, so I wish you and cartoon Pamo all the best in your birthday month. I’m currently in mine too. GAH!

Well happy birthday month to you too Tony!
      Yea- some days my positive attitude just hides away. It’s a constant struggle. Thank you for all your well wishes. I truly appreciate your continued support- it means A LOT!

5. ..always the team player, I feel obligated to point out that…there is no “chocolate-cake” in brisk walk…so can I have yours?…

6. You, and those who comment, brighten my day! Keep celebrating!!!

Walking on SUNSHINE… thanks, now that tune will fill my head all day…. you are one of the most positive people I’ve met on the internet, most people are so negative… keep up the happy PAMO work… I LOVE my does of positive PAMO energy every few days 🙂

• captelaine says:

DOSE and does… where is the edit button?

Thank you Elaine! That’s heart warming praise coming from you and it means a lot to me.
      WordPress doesn’t have the edit button like Blogger…. If you, or anyone, ever wants a comment taken down, let me know! I believe everyone has the right to delete anything they’ve posted.
      Walking on sunshine…. 🙂

8. Happy Birthday Month!! I love cartoon Pamo’s new outfit, and the fact that she’s singing “Walking on Sunshine” – very funny : )

You’re right about the internal negativity – that is always the most difficult battle to fight (at least for me). It seems like you’re in a good place because you have insight – most people would rather blame out than look inside. xoxoxo I hope you get to eat lots of cake this month!

Thank you Karen! Great to hear from you. I’ve missed your writing. What- you got a whole life to live outside of the internet or something? Sheesh! Your fans (and I’m president of the fan club) await.
      Hugs! No pressure, really. But I’m jonesing for some stuff from you, one of my all time favorite writers… http://fatgirlboxing.blogspot.com
      Oh- and so far, LOTS of cake! 🙂

9. You’re funny (and sweet). I was traveling for two weeks, and I just got back. I missed writing and reading my favorite blogs – including yours 😉 while I was gone. I also had some big epiphanies on my trip, so I’ll probably be posting something next week after I have a chance to get reoriented into my life. Hugs and love to you, my friend.