MY WEBCOMIC SUPPORT TEAM

Good Luck With ThatDrawing a twice weekly webcomic isn’t something I entered into on a whim. I put some thought behind it. Granted, I may have been on no sleep and hyped up on a bag of jelly beans, but gosh darn it, I thought about it!

As you can see in this comic, I’ve been assembling my webcomic support team. Looks like I need to buy them a bag of jelly beans….

This entry was posted in Webcomic and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to MY WEBCOMIC SUPPORT TEAM

Looks like you may need jumbo sized Jelly Beans…:)

Mmm… jelly beans…

3. markrenney2 says:

We gotta lot of admiration for this post. Keep up the hard work from the Renney’s.

Catnip for the kitties… and jelly beans for the spousal unit (ie Jeff)…. lots of COFFEE and new art supplies… always inspires me 🙂

5. dianabletter says:

Jelly beans sounds good. Coffee beans sound even better – then I get a buzz and work harder! Good point about checking off our “to do” list…sometimes I need to put “check off my to do list” on my to do list!

Haha Diana! Coffee beans indeed.
      When my to do list doesn’t get checked off, I often throw it out and start over. No sense in having all those pesky lists hanging about unchecked. 😉

6. yeah, I find my cats to be pretty uncooperative too! Funny comic, Pamo. 🙂

I should of known this when I included cats as characters!
      But, I joke, of course. Every good comic needs a bit of conflict. Not that I’m saying my comic is good. It’s good. But I’m not saying that.
      Cat anybody?
      Thanks Celeste!

7. Dan Kent says:

Well, with my current schedule, I can’t keep up with comments on your twice-weekly posts but I love your strip! So glad Pamo’s back! Actually, the first comic is the one I really wanted to comment on – my wife has said exactly the opposite to me. – that my writing is better than my art. Blunt. Maybe true. The same bluntness reveals glaring defects in my paintings that I can then improve dramatically. So it works. She is a great critic. But my passion is with my art – and that is where I will devote my free time. (Of course I write all day at work – lol). Now this comic – has talked me right out of doing a webcomic! Checking out – gotta go – see ya!

Thanks Dan for commenting when you can. My only request is that you look at these comics. Commenting is always optional. (However, I am like Santa Claus… I can see if you read my comics.) (OK- I lied on that last point. But I know you read them.)
      Your wife is correct in saying that your writing is excellent! Because it is. But it could be she says that your writing is better simply because she doesn’t like to see your struggle with painting.
      But we both know the struggle is what makes our art better. When she sees you relax into it, enjoy it, and make your paintings on canvas as good as what you already have in your head, she will pat you on the back, lean in close and say, “Babe, I always knew you could paint.”

Jelly beans and bean bag chairs! All good things have beans in them. Uuuuuuhm, Chili con carne. Gotta go, hungry!

9. G.G. Faircloth says:

I am enjoying your webcomics! Thank you for drawing them! They inspire me! 🙂 G.G.

P.S.Do you color them with water colors or colored markers? The do you scan them somehow? i am interested in how you create them. I do not have ascanner that scans perfect. it is ahand held one and I have my camera that cost about $10.00. i use it to photograph martin Filchock’s art that i keep in Folders and then i poost them on the pioneer Site. Your art looks so bright and colorful on your website. You do a very good job!

Thank you G.G.! You inspire me as well.
      I use Copic markers and colored pencils. I then scan and usually do one level of correction of the contrast just to sharpen the image. My scanner makes them look too flat. But generally, the color is represented well on screen. I always scan with a colored document setting at 300 dpi.

One of these days, I’ll talk about exactly how I do the entire comic. Thanks again G.G.!