THE HARD TRUTH

A The Hard TruthA few weeks ago, while sitting inside a small mom and pop eatery, Jeff brought up the subject of my writing versus drawing comics once again. I already knew that he preferred my comics over my writing but this time was different. This time he brought the subject up unbidden by me and he was nervous. His nervousness told me that what he had to say was important. It mattered to him. His nervousness, more than anything else, impressed me.

“Your comics are special,” he said. “They make people laugh.”

That conversation fueled my desire to commit my time and effort to developing a true webcomic. And today it begins!

I truly hope my webcomic brightens your day. Thank you for sharing in this journey with me.

This entry was posted in Webcomic and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to THE HARD TRUTH

I wish you the best with your transition, Pam!

I’m just concerned you’re going to stress yourself with these deadlines… Tues and Thurs… that’s only 2 days apart… yikes… how can anyone be funny on that short notice? I LOVE your writing AND your comics… and the hard truth, like Jeff I really, really like your comics the best. I’m looking forward to seeing them again… if twice a week great, once a week also great, once a month… whenever, however I can get them 🙂

Thank you Elaine! I know you have my very best interests at heart and I’m listening. I’m gonna make this commitment and if it tanks, I’ll revise. I hope you enjoy the new format. Who am I kidding? Of course you will!!! 🙂

Good luck, Pamo. Webcomics are a big commitment, but I do look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Tony- I bet we’ve both seen way more webcomics tank than make it. The internet graveyard is full of them.
      I’ve noticed that you focus on your art and not some blog deadline. It shows, of course, in your story lines and drawing ability. A different way of working that pays off in quality stories and art.

Thank you for tagging along! I’m so glad I met you. Your art inspires me.

For other folks viewing this comment from Tony- I want you to know that he is a brilliant webcomic artist. For two years, from 2012 through 2013, Tony updated weekly, his webcomic “Crumble Cult”. He has taken a brief hiatus but is working on art and will hopefully resume soon. In the meantime, he has two years of archives and story line to view. You can start here: http://crumblecult.com/2012/01/16/blog-pray-hate/
      I’m a huge fan and I bet anyone who goes to meet him and his webcomic artistry will be too!

• Tony Single says:

You, Pamo, are awesome. That is very kind of you, and I’m so glad you’re enjoying what’s on offer! This little thing is a labour of love for me so it’s nice to know there are people out there who are as enthusiastic about it as I am!

How goes your own endeavour so far? I can’t wait to see what you cook up!

4. Robin says:

I also think committing to twice a week is going to become more of a chore and less about fun (and quality, and I really do love color!) Maybe you work better under pressure, or maybe you are so full of ideas that twice a week is going to be a cakewalk. Either way, I am reading, usually commenting, and looking forward to more of Pamo.

Thank you Robin! We’ll see how this all works out. I’ve put a ton of thought into it and for now I’m up to the commitment. If the payoff isn’t there, I’ll change.
      I’m glad you like the color. Black and white takes less time, but color works better for more people, I think.
      I appreciate your viewing and commenting! Thanks again.

I am looking forward to whatever you do whenever you do it. Keep going!

PS-Rich likes my quilting better than my painting by far. That’s a tough one.

Thanks Libby! I believe we share similar artistic travels. I’m so glad you are along for the ride.
      Rich may convert yet! Your paintings are glorious and joyful.
      BTW- I absolutely LOVED your vacation photos!!! I oohheed and aahhheedd.

6. Well, as long as you’re posting comics on Tuesdays and Thursdays, why not post writings on Wednesdays and Fridays? 🙂

I like the way you’re flushed with anger in the last pane above! Good work.

7. Pam Huggins says:

Ha Hallie! Thanks for the vote of confidence. 🙂

Oh yeah. I definitely have a life outside of this comic. Totally. I…do…things. And…aaaahm….meet….people? We all go and see stuff together. I have a fulfilling life, OK? I’m FINE! FINE!

Fine Daniel. That’s just fine. Now back away from the computer, slowly, slowly….
      Next comic in thirteen hours! So tell your friends you’ll have to meet them later. (Cough.)