HARRY’S SIGN

HSF copy

HSG copy

HSH copy

HSI copy

HSJ copy

HSK copy

This comic was inspired by my real life Granny Bob, my dad’s mom. She was a quilt-maker, snuff dipper, hell raiser spitfire who could out cuss any sailor in the Naval yard. The few times I was unfortunate enough to be a passenger in her Pinto wagon, I peed my pants a little.

This entry was posted in Comic, Humor Story and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to HARRY’S SIGN

1. robin says:

You just made my night and ended my weekend with a chuckle! good stuff.

2. Gail B says:

Oh, Pam! I laughed out loud multiple times when reading this one. Great drawings and fantastic words….loved the peed part. Hurray for Granny Bob!

Gail B.- Yay! Glad you laughed and enjoyed it! That’s the best compliment ever. Granny Bob was a true character. I think she would laugh too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Hugs!

3. LOL 😀 Really cleverly done! Though I admit, I was kind of hoping that Pamo and Peepers would go all ‘Fast and Furious’ on his ass and tip his lorry down the cliff…

4. patgaig says:

This is hysterical. I’m glad I peed before reading it. It must have been rolling around in your head for quite some time.

Indeed Pat- I’ve been thinking about it for awhile. Then of course, it just comes in a burst. Thanks for the great laugh!

5. danscanvas says:

This is brilliant! And funny, funny. And so well done. And as professional a comic as I have ever seen. It occurred to me that you are very good at keeping Pamo (and Peepers) in character – Pamo is always the same sort of personality no matter the encounter. The best of the best of Pamo (writer/artist) is shown in this post.

Poor Hairless Harry. “Postmenopausal quilting addicted grannies with oversized scissors stuffed in their granny bloomers” Hahahaha! Brilliant.

Dan- You know our comic we did a few years back set me on the path of black and white. I learned so much from that exercise! I really appreciate your comment- it means a lot.
      Harry, I’m sure, will return. 🙂

6. This is fantastic; I first read it last night before bed and think I fell asleep smiling. I think you were fortunate and inherited quite a few of Grannie Bob’s genes. Please let Harry’s hair regrow for his next appearance.

Hallie- I’m glad it gave you a giggle. I knew I had hit upon something funny when Jeff kept quoting lines from it a few days after reading it. Perhaps I inherited a little devilish streak from Granny Bob! Harry will regrow his hair but I suspect he has more trouble ahead. 🙂

7. Jean spitzer says:

I love this. Been thinking a lot about road rage, recently. You never know what the other person is wrestling with–in this case, fearsome grannies.

8. This really gave me a laugh… almost as much satisfaction as I got this morning when the jerk who’d been trying to make my Jeep into a hood ornament, zoomed around me, took off at I’m guessing 95+ MPH… right past the State Patrol officer hanging out in the medium… I graciously, put my brakes on to let the officer out so he could chase down and give my friend a ticket. Almost as sweet as the kitty’s sign 🙂

Wow Elaine! What a ride. I hate it when people ride my bumper like that- but I’ve yet to see one of them get a ticket. I imagine that was satisfying.
      Have a terrific Thanksgiving.

9. Gina says:

So, so funny! Yes, I could see it all, the hairy trucker, puking up ham, and even better, peeing just a little! How often, throughout my life, I wish I had signs to flash at people in their cars; drive much?; hi, I’m the police; or have you been saved? Loved the picture of car going up steep hill…..I could go on and on. Anyway, I got a big kick out of this post.

Gina

Thanks Gina! Yes- we all need a cache of signs in our vehicles. LOL!!! Appreciate the comment. Enjoy your holiday!

A cautionary tale! I do so love your drawings of course but the narrative was something. A tidy and entertaining story. I’ll be more watchful for angry truckers in my rear view mirror:)

Thanks Libby! It’s what I love about comics- the words are better because of the pictures and the pictures are better because of the words. A win-win! Happy Thanksgiving to you, your husband and all your fur kids.

11. Mari says:

Okay picture this, me sitting here sipping a nice hot cup of tea while reading your comic strip, when suddenly everything just explodes and tea gets everywhere… Exiting through my nose!!!
    Hilarious strip Pamo, love it and even more so as my brother is a trucker in Sweden, and he likes to quote snippets out of old American trucker movies as he truck’n along the narrow Scandinavian highways and roads… Yeah its pretty sad and from what I have heard, I know I could not sit in his truck very long because I would just scream laughing and probably film him on my mobile and post it on FB… Yet again, perfect timing for your comic post, sooooo needed a great laugh!! Keep on truck’n!!! I mean drive carefully, enjoy the views and sandwiches

Mari- I would so watch a video of your brother driving along the roads in Sweden! I’m so glad you got a good laugh and may the joy of sandwich making be with you. Hahahahaha!

This was most definitely chuckle-inducing. I think you have the answer for what to base your book around!

Have a nice day!

Thanks Daniel. I was working on this comic for fun while trying to figure out the book angle. Apparently I needed a sign!
      You have a nice day too. LOL….

Great comic Pamo. One for the book? You could use before talking about Granny

14. Karen says:

Pam, this is super hilarious. I love the ham sandwich that tastes like fish, the menopausal quilting, and Peepers’ arm. For some reason, Peepers’ arm kept cracking me up!

15. Karen says:

Also, I was super excited to find that you have written other recent posts! I thought you had gone to doing only quarterly posts, so I stopped checking in as frequently. I finally got with the program and signed up for your stuff via email : ) I really like the working title and the tag line for your memoir. I hope it includes pictures as well as cartoons, because “mom jeans” and “Jeff the Editor” need to go in there. xo

Thanks again Karen. If you follow me for long, you’ll know I change my mind frequently- so what I say is always open to interpretation. Or as Jeff would say, “Oh, brother.”
      I appreciate your feedback. It helps.
      Hope you had a great holiday!

16. flyingplatypi says:

I think I really did pee my pants a little… Well played!!

Hugs!

Valerie

17. Pingback: WRITING VERSUS DRAWING | PAMO'S WORLD

“Never trust a cat with a sign.” Wise words indeed!

19. Pingback: A New Direction (sort of) for Pamo’s World – Pamo's World