MILESTONE

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW

Today, I am 50 years old! I haven’t completely wrapped my head around it.

When I woke up this morning, Jeff pulled me close and gave me a soft kiss. He took my hand in his and asked, “Would you like me to get you some Geritol?”

It’s good to start off my 50th year of life with a laugh! I’ve got it made.

Until next toon!

This entry was posted in Comic, Humor Story and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to MILESTONE

1. Jean Spitzer says:

Happy birthday, whippersnapper!

Great cartoon.

2. And I thought those were highlights on your dark hair! Pamo–the 50s will be wonderful with your soulmate beside you. Fifty is actually young (hindsight is great). Geritol always reminds me of an “I Love Lucy” episode.

I love the last panel here–the way it’s not fully closed; nice design, and the rocks are very good. Your toons are getting sleeker.

Happy, Happy Birthday; I’m still tagging along on your bike rides.

3. Happy birthday KIDDO…. fifty is EASY… wait till you hit 60… then young people hold doors for you and roll their eyes when you do silly stuff… it’s GREAT being an old fart LOL

Congratulations Pamo. Hope you have a fabulous birthday.

Love the toon.

5. celine says:

Hi Pamo! Happy birthday to you and I hope you have a wonderful day with some nice cake, a lot of presents and people you love 😉
    Last year I turned 30 and I couldn’t wrapp my head around that age….haha!

6. Christina says:

WOO HOOOOO!!!!! Welcome and HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY PAM !!!!
    Oh my word, the 50’s completely rock!! (pun intended)
    Hallie reminded me of that I Love Lucy episode too… vegavitavitamins. lol
    Your comic strip is amazing and I adore the background story. Thanks Pam and way to go!!!
    Love and hugs,
    Christina… who is 55 1/2 🙂 Gotta love the half.

7. Robin says:

Happy belated birthday! and once again you have found the humor in every day life. I am mid 50’s and I still can’t wrap my head around it – I feel the same on the inside but on the outside there are gray hairs moving in and new aches, pains, and jiggles! It’s just a mindset.

8. PAMO says:

Jean- I read your comment yesterday and HOOTED right out loud!!! Thank you.

Hallie- Other people have told me much the same thing. It feels good to know that this isn’t the end of a road but the start of a new adventure!
    Is Geritol even made anymore? I figure that reference dates both Jeff and I.
    I am trying to polish my strips- so thanks for noticing. Art is growth!
    Glad you are following along with our Day Rides. I’m honored!

Elaine- You are anything BUT and Old Fart! I LOVE your sense of humor and was rather surprised to hear you say you were in the 6th decade. You don’t look it my dear!
    People roll their eyes at me all the time too! Hahahahaha! Thanks!!!

Sue- Thank you for the wonderful wishes! It was my best birthday yet. Relaxing, comfortable, loving. Perfect.

Celine- Thank you dear friend! You are a VERY YOUNG woman. I understand about turning 30 being something new and different. You have so much time ahead. I’m in awe of how much fabulous art you’ve ALREADY created. I so look forward to following you in the decades to come!

Christina- They do rock!Hahahahahahaha!!! You always SLAY me… I stole that phrase from you a few years ago. Thank you dear one!!!! We are sisters, aren’t we?! We’ve gotta be!!!!

Robin- I wouldn’t have guessed your age at all! Your mindset, attitude and energy are ageless! I agree about the other stuff for sure. I’m going to ignore the physical changes as much as possible. Hot flashes are easier than the hormonal roller coaster of child bearing years after all.
    Thank you for your well wishes! I appreciate it!!!!

9. linda roth says:

Hallie’s right. At fifty you’ve just arrived. Enjoy your birthday and your acquired clout.
    You’re playing ball in the big leagues now.

10. PAMO says:

Linda,
    Big leagues? I like that!!! Thanks so much. I’m glad to be among powerful company like you.
    But I suspect you’ve always been powerful and ageless!
    Thanks!

11. Clipped Wings says:

I missed your birthday 😥 May you have a wonderful year ahead. I’m way past 50 and I still feel like I haven’t reached that milestone 😉 You’re still a youngin’, kiddo. Happy bikin’.

12. Dan Kent says:

Whoops – got your e-mail and didn’t realize there was a comic with it. Great comic – very funny! Happy birthday!!! I’ve been holding the door open for you for a whole year!

13. Hi Pamo! Have your wrapped your head around 50…or rather the new 30 yet? I enjoyed your cartoon and wit…as usual! Most festive!

14. PAMO says:

Yvonne- Thank you so much! It’s nice to hear from you. You are very young! I see it in your work.

Dan- Thank you! I tried not to walk through that door, but guess there’s nothing left to do but embrace it. Here’s to another decade or four….

Peggy- The week before my birthday was a bit depressing, but now, I feel great! My head is sufficiently wrapped, I think. Thank you so much!

15. HAPPY BIRTHDAY you YOUNG-UN!!!!!

And many, many More!

John

16. Your cartoons continue to provide laughs, no matter what your age!
    Enjoyed looking at your trips. There were a few quilts designs on a couple of the walls in the towns that showcased on your rides:)

17. PAMO says:

Thanks John! Hope you’re enjoying Florida!!!

Sandra- Thank you so much! I’ll always love quilts. Quilters always notice those too!!!

18. Pamo! How did I so completely miss your birthday?? Happy Belated Birthday. You are a very youthful fifty–you look 35! I agree, when I turned 50 it was sort of weird..that age was for other people, not me! Now that 50 is wayyyy in the past for me, I realize that it is a “young age”. What’s really fun is to find a celebrity who was born the same year. Every now and then I see a photo of golfer Tom Watson (b 1950) and I say…gawd, Tom, wear more sunscreen! hahaha..but actually, it is pretty great that he still plays competitively at “our” age! LOVE the toon..it is fun to see how you’ve retained your old style but made significant improvements too 🙂

• PAMO says:

I read your comment last week and laughed so hard! Thanks Celeste for your great words of encouragement. Sunscreen… I should of used it more often. Hahahaha!

19. Pingback: FOR CELESTE | PAMO'S WORLD